Saturday, May 17, 2008

March: fragments 59 - 63


59
north south island
accents change with water
from deep blue to aqua
vowels lengthened even
an Australian would understand

60
an icy wind cooled her party
being determinedly Auckland
I left my coat off
‘til I could no longer deny
the weather change
he said my dress was
the colour of figs
the wine did not run out
neither did the grass
high & wobbly I drifted homewards
to eat chocolate
& sleep the sleep of the damned


61
people
& people drinking
apologizing
talking music
a concert
a party
another concert
environmental lectures
comedy
kittens
in and out of footsteps
ruffling the rug
banging around the house
like drunks
knocking over
the furniture
the plants
I miss my aloneness
tomorrow
I will miss the people

62
a walk to Farewell Spit
a broken necklace

63
on the ferry between txts

No comments: